1. What is the handicap limit to play at one of Quinta do Lago’s courses?
R: Men – 36; Women – 36
2. How Long Does It Take to Play a Round of Golf?
R: Four hours and thirty minutes is the estimate most people give for 18 holes. The actual time depends on how busy the course is, how many people you are playing with and how many strokes everyone takes.
3. Is the use of buggies compulsory?
4. Do Your Golf Courses Have Dress Codes?
R: Most courses require collars and have a no-denim policy. So, remember to wear collars and golf shoes; jeans are not allowed.
5. Do we have to be a member of the Quinta do Lago Golf Club?
R: No, but we recommend booking in advance;
6. What is necessary to become a member?
R: For CGCL you must own a property in Quinta do Lago. To become a member of Laranjal, please contact us.
7. Do I Have to Have a Full Set of Clubs to Start Playing Golf?
R: No. In fact, many teaching pros recommend starting with a short set, but each player must take one set to the course (sharing clubs on the course is not allowed). If you don’t own any clubs please contact our Golf Rentals Department to hire a set. Most beginners can get started, and get by just fine, with a 3-wood, 3-iron, 5-iron, 7-iron, 9-iron and putter. You can buy short sets and fill them in later by purchasing the missing clubs individually.
8. Should I Take Golf Lessons?
R: Absolutely, yes! Taking lessons simply makes learning the game much easier, and improvement much quicker, which will increase your enjoyment and the safety of those around you on the golf course!
* Other Questions:
Phone Service? No.